California Trusts Lawyer
Assisting with the Creation of Trusts as Part of Comprehensive Estate Plans
Trusts are important legal tools for estate planning and asset protection. A trust can also make it easier for your family to wrap up your estate as trust property does not have to go through the probate process. Trusts can give you more power and flexibility regarding how your estate is distributed and can plan to provide for children with special needs or shield your assets from the creditors of your beneficiaries. If you want to learn more about how a trust can help you, contact La Mirada trusts and estates attorney Narcis Brasov for help today.
There are many types of trusts, though the most common is called a living trust. The following are some details about how this trust creation works:
- You create the trust with specific documents
- You transfer your property and assets into the ownership of the trust
- You manage the trust property during your life
- When you pass away, the designated successor trustee takes over management of the trust
- The trustee distributes the trust property to your beneficiaries according to your instructions in the trust document
A will distributes your estate property all at once, and you may not want certain beneficiaries to receive a lump sum, as they may not have the self-restraint or knowledge to manage a windfall. A trust allows you to make distributions over time if you wish to protect your assets as well as your family members. This is only one of many benefits of different types of trusts.
Contact a Trusts Attorney in Orange County and Los Angeles County to Learn More
You should not hesitate to speak with Brasov Law and learn whether a trust is a beneficial addition to your estate plan. Call 562.485.4850 to request a consultation.